May 28, 2012

ER Again and Again



As I regularly take birth control pills, I expect the pain of menstrual will be less. I was completely wrong. This month menstrual pain is worst then ever!

It started on Sunday (20/5), with no pain but strong headache. Monday (21/5) the stomach started to kick. I decided not to go to work and rest. I took Panadol Menstrual to help with the pain. Tuesday (22/5) the pain were getting worse. The upper stomach kicked too. So I took medication for gastric problem along with the paracetamol. I felt a bit better but still not going to work that day.

Wednesday (23/5), I went to the office like usual with a promise to myself if my condition gets worse, I should go home directly. I survived to work a day. Thursday (24/5), another usual office day. I took my medication as usual, the menstrual already over. But that afternoon the gas on my stomach started to growled. I ate my lunch on time, but I forget to take the gastric medicine. OMG! The pain was unbearable! Then I took the wrong step! I took mefenat acid when the gas was high without gastric drug.

At 11PM Thursday, I can't stand, the stomach was in big pain. Each position I tried cause the pain more and more. I couldn't bear it. After trying to survive, I finally agreed to my friend to go to ER. At nearer hospital, the ER wasn't crowded. They immediately took care of me. They injected me with 2 types of drug for the pain and the gas. The first needle broke my vein. So the nurse seek another vein to inject the medicine. When she finally able to inject the drug, it felt so painful. I went home after an hour there. I couldn't sleep that night. The gas still high, the pain didn't disappear.

In the morning (Friday, 25/5), I went back to the hospital, directly seeking for an internist. He examined me very well, ordered for blood test and full abdominal USG. I rest at ER again and they gave me pain killer.
The result from USG showed the internal part was in good health (pancreas, kidney, heart, bladder) except for the uterus. Right ovary showed a cyst of 7cm x 4cm. He even suspected for another cyst on the left ovary. The blood test result showed I'm lack of hemoglobin and the size of my red blood is somehow smaller than the normal size. Oh God, what is happening to me?

The doctor gave me antibiotic for the stomach and a medicine for gas reduction. The doctor said if the gas still high, I must rest at the hospital for further examination. He gave several restriction in food to prevent higher gas level. The only problem is how to increase the hemoglobin. Iron will increase the gastric, so I can't take any iron... Oh... What to do, what to do???

Today (27/5), the gas is under control but the pain from the cyst remind there. I can stand on my own although sometimes the lack of hemoglobin makes me dizzy. I wish I can make the pain from cyst disappear. I asked my friend who is a doctor and she said all pain killer will give an effect on the stomach. So far the gas still under control.

I'm aware that the size is big enough to undergo the surgery. But I am afraid of another surgery. I'm afraid that my dream of having a child will disappear.

Dear God, what should I do?





Special thanks to Nit2x for forcing me to go to the hospital, to Grace and Imel for being there with me.

Picture source:
http://what-is-endometriosis.net/endometriosis-pain-what-causes-it/

No comments:

Post a Comment