April 01, 2012

True Love... Is it exist?



The book "Sunshine Becomes You", remind me about a movie called "Love & The Other Drugs". I think this movie can represent the version of true love in my mind. The story basically the same between the book and the movie. It tries to tell me when the love is so pure and true, nothing can come in between. Not age, not race, not  even a deathly disease. 

I have witness some true love story in real life. This is a story about my coworker daughter, a real story. She was in her last year at the university when she diagnosed with kidney failure. Her parents tried to find a cure for her. She has a boyfriend who has been with her all the time. He wasn't from the same city, so he has to travel a lot to accompany her. It turned out that she has to do dialysis every time. The doctor became very difficult to find a new blood vessel to run the dialysis. Her sickness got worse...

I was shocked when my dad announce her wedding. I said to myself... this man must be crazy to marry a dying girl. I came to the wedding and I found that I was wrong. Their eyes showed how big their love to each other. That moment I knew, it was a true love...

As her condition got worse I visited her at the hospital. So tragic to saw her in such skinny body when she used to be so healthy and chubby. I saw how hard she tried to breath, how her husband stood by her side to pad her back just to give a little relief for her. I saw how her mother became so skinny too, it must have been very hard for her to saw her daughter like that. She finally passed away after 2 years of fighting. I couldn't attend her funeral due a big meeting at the company. May she rest in peace.


Back to the movie, "Love & The Other Drugs". The story is about a man who has a chance to leave his girlfriend who has Parkinson disease but choose to stay by her side. Here are some quote that I love from the movie:



Jamie Randall: I'm full of shit, okay? No I'm... I'm *knowingly* full of shit. Because, uh... because uh, uh... I have... I have *never* cared about anybody or anything in my entire life. And the thing is, everybody just kind of accepted that. Like, "That's just Jamie." And then you!... Jesus. *You*. You. You didn't see me that way. I have never known anyone who actually believed that I was enough. Until I met you. And then you made me believe it, too. So, uh... unfortunately... I need you. And you need me.
Maggie Murdock: No I don't.
Jamie Randall: Yes you do.
Maggie Murdock: No I don't.
Jamie Randall: *Yes*, you do.
Maggie Murdock: Stop it, stop saying that.
Jamie Randall: You need someone to take care of you.
Maggie Murdock: No, I don't!
Jamie Randall: Everybody does.



Maggie Murdock: I'm gonna need you more than you need me.
Jamie Randall: That's okay.
Maggie Murdock: [crying] No it's not! It isn't *fair*! I have places to go!
Jamie Randall: You'll go there. I just may have to carry you.
Maggie Murdock: ...I can't ask you to do that.
Jamie Randall: You didn't.



True love do exist and I believe it. I believe in love. I wish I could find such love... A love like them. A love that conquer everything, not giving up when obstacles come. I want a love as describe in this scriptures:

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails". (1 Cor 13 : 4-8)

1 comment:

Post a Comment