April 08, 2012

To Love is To Give


This Easter taught me something old yet something new. It began with my task as a lector on Palm Sunday. The bible reading was taken from Isaiah 50:4-7. The bible said...

"The Sovereign LORD has given me a well-instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being instructed. The Sovereign LORD has opened my ears; I have not been rebellious, I have not turned away. I offered my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard; I did not hide my face from mocking and spitting. Because the Sovereign LORD helps me, I will not be disgraced. Therefore have I set my face like flint, and I know I will not be put to shame."

This bible verse told me, that Jesus Christ loves us so He willing to do anything for us. I am amazed by His love. A great love that give a life. He was crucify, died, and risen to conquer everything. He offer Him self as a living sacrifice. That is the highest gift for us.

To love is to give. Like Jesus who gave His life to us, we have to learn to life for him and to give our best to love him and others. It reminds me of this quote below:

"To be brave is to love someone unconditionally, to love without regret and never expecting anything in return."

HAVE A BLESSED EASTER 

1 comment:

Nit2x said...

i always like your article...

Not easy to love with sincerity ..
But I believe when we truly love, there is nothing we will not give to those we love ... Jesus proved it by giving himself to us that he loves and that's love... :)

Happy easter... God bless you always...

Post a Comment