September 27, 2010

Letters to Juliet


I watched this movie with my dad. To watch a romantic movie with your dad was really a bad idea, but both of us enjoy each other company since we are far away from our romantic partner. What makes me fall in love with this movie is the view of Italy. Wow! Italy is so beautiful, the vineyard, the city, everything... Of course I fall in love with the story too.

Letters to Juliet is a beautiful love story. When Sophie (Amanda Seyfried) and her fiance travel to Verona, Italy. She meets a group of volunteers who respond to letters written to Juliet seeking romantic advice. Sophie finds and answers a letter that has been lost for 50 years, and is stunned when its author Claire (Vanessa Redgrave) arrives in Italy to find the fiance she left decades before. Fascinated by Claire's quest, Sophie joins on an adventure through the beautiful hills of Tuscany searching for Claire's long lost Lorenzo. The journey will change their lives forever, as they discover it's never too late to find true love.

I tried to find out the letter that Sophie wrote to Claire. The letter that made Claire have the courage to find her true love. Here is her letter:

'What' and ‘if’ two words as nonthreatening as words come. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life: ‘What if?'...

I don't know how your story ended. But I know that if what you felt then was love - true love - then it's never too late. If it was true then it why wouldn't it be true now? You need only the courage to follow your heart...

I don't know what a love like that feels like... a love to leave loved ones for, a love to cross oceans for... but I'd like to believe if I ever felt it. I'd have the courage to seize it. I hope you had the courage to seize it, Claire. And if you didn't, I hope one day that you
will.

The lesson I learn from this movie is "not to give in finding your true love". So, for you who in search of true love, don't give up on first trial. Maybe the road will get rocky, maybe you will find many disappointment, yet the journey of finding a true love will always be interesting. Hope everyone will find their true love.

2 comments:

Nit2x said...

Nice Review... and You make me want to watch this movie....

Nit2x said...

Finally... I have just seen this movie... I agree with you.. this is a beautiful love story...

That story made me think about my first love. So far, I think that my first love is my true love. But now I realize that's not my true love and now I hope i can dreaming about my true love.

And when I've found it, I'll never let go ....

Post a Comment