June 19, 2009

Teaching

Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say (Exodus 4:12)


I haven’t taught in such a long time. A few weeks ago, my friends asked me to teach a university student. Hesitate but my heart told me to go for it. So, I finally took the job. Never imagine studying those books again. I mean, for 6 years I concentrate on my work and forget about the theory I learn at school. And suddenly, I have to refresh my memory.

My student is a girl. She’s a lovely girl, at her second year now. I believe that she tried her best to pass the final exam of Budgeting, Statistic, and Taxation. That’s why she wanted to take private lesson. She gave me her material for those subjects (note: I refuse to teach her statistic… I’m not good at this subject). Then I started to search and open my old book, tried to learn and dug my memory upon it. For budgeting, I have no problem at all. I am still using it at work; I just have to refresh the theory all over again.

The only problem came from taxation. Gee, I haven’t used this subject for such a long time but challenge myself to teach it. I asked some friends to teach me since so many changes in the tax regulation now days. With such limited time, I “finally” managed to learn and taught this subject.
I felt shocked and disappointed toward my student. She failed to come on time, so she missed the final exam. Can you imagine that? And she still can laugh about it. OMG! A friend told me not to get disappointed since I’ve done my part. But I just can’t do it. I’ve been a lecture assistant and my students were so excited each time we study. I wonder did she take the wrong major. Hmm, what do you think?

Well, I have admit this experience enrich me in many ways. Thank you, Lord for giving me the opportunity to teach again.

1 comment:

Blue Jasmine said...

Well, I've told what my opinion is...hehehe...I think your student doesn't belong there.

Post a Comment