March 10, 2012

Count Your Day...



Last Friday was my turn to speak at the office's prayer community. Actually I wasn't ready, but I tried to search a nice topic. I found this verse Psalm 90:12 "Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." When I was in my silent moment with God, I tried to meditate on this verse.

As I meditate, I realize how fragile my life is. When I have my last period, the pain was unbearable. From the sleep position to wake up, I needed someone to help me up. When I walked I have to grab something to hold so I won't fall. My illness cause my fragility. That's a fact I can't deny.

I believe everyone has their own weakness, their life as fragile as mine. We never know what will happen tomorrow or even the next hour, we only have now. If God decide to turn us back to dust, "Return to dust, you mortals" (Psalm 90:3), there's nothing we can do. Yes, we are as fragile as that.We don't know how long we will life, none of us can be certain of another breath. Because we are fragile, let's try to live life more wisely.

If you only have the next 24-hours to live, how would you spend your day? I will try to love more deeply, forgive more readily, give more generously, speak more kindly and think more carefully. How about you?

Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is uncertain, today is here. Use it wisely. - Joe Stowell

No comments:

Post a Comment