March 06, 2012

Bleeding in My Eye



This morning when I looked at the mirror for brushing my teeth, I found a red dot in my left eye, right in the left corner. Oh my God, the blood vessel in my eye is bleeding. No pain, no itchy... When I look with usual look, I barely see the spot. I already put eyes drop, the one I use for the pterygium.So far, no reduction of the red spot.

I search on the internet for it. The finding are:
http://www.emedicinehealth.com/subconjunctival_hemorrhage_bleeding_in_eye/article_em.htm

Subconjunctival Hemorrhage Overview

The conjunctiva is the thin, moist, transparent membrane that covers the white part of the eye (called the sclera) and the inside of the eyelids. The conjunctiva is the outermost protective coating of the eyeball.

The conjunctiva contains nerves and many small blood vessels. These blood vessels are usually barely visible but become larger and more visible if the eye is inflamed. These blood vessels are somewhat fragile, and their walls may break easily, resulting in a subconjunctival hemorrhage (bleeding under the conjunctiva). A subconjunctival hemorrhage appears as a bright red or dark red patch on the sclera.

Subconjunctival Hemorrhage Causes

Most subconjunctival hemorrhages are spontaneous without an obvious cause for this bleeding from the conjunctival vessels. Often, a person may discover a subconjunctival hemorrhage on awakening and looking in the mirror. Most spontaneous subconjunctival hemorrhages are first noticed by another person seeing a red spot on your eye.

The following can occasionally result in a spontaneous subconjunctival hemorrhage:
sneezing, coughing, straining/vomiting, eye rubbing, trauma (injury), high blood pressure, bleeding disorder,  or a medical disorder causing bleeding or inhibiting normal clotting.

Subconjunctival hemorrhage can also be non-spontaneous and result from a severe eye infection, trauma to the head or eye, or after eye or eyelid surgery.

For more information, just follow the link above...

I still don't know what happen with my eye, if the case gets worse by the end of the day, tomorrow I shall see the ophthalmologist.


2 comments:

butterfly said...

today i experience the same. so before i take any action, may i know what exactly happen to you?

Sutaaraito said...

Hi butterfly, I went ophthalmologist because I was so worried. The doctor examined it and said nothing to worry, it wasn't serious. Then he gave me eyedrops medicine called VASACON-A. Try to have this medicine first.

Post a Comment