December 19, 2009

Making The Passport

I never make passport on my own. So, I was worried about a lot of things when I made it. Afraid of the interview, the officer, etc... I'm a worrier... (laughing).

I started the process by searching how to make a passport on the internet and asked a few friend how has the experience. According to them, the process was simple and easy. I have to buy the form, fill it up, and give it in to the officer. Just like that... Hmm, that should be a piece of cake... From the internet I found out that there are an online service for making a passport.

Well, I thought it would be easier if I try the online service. After scanning all the documents required by the Immigration Office, I tried the online service. I was disappointed. I filled the form and uploaded the documents but always failed due some error at their (Immigration office) server. That's it I gave up online service.

Here we go, the manual process. I went to the Immigration office on Tuesday. As a friend advice, I came early. I arrived at 8.00am and guess what? The office was opened but there are no officer. This office should be open by 8.00 yet I have to wait until they came. By 8.15 the office already crowded with people. The officer arrived at 8.20, so we started to queue to buy the application form.

After I filled the form, I went to the second floor where the whole process took place. Let's see! The counter was opened with no one behind it. So, I waited for 15 minutes. The officer came, I gave in the form, he checked all the documents. It didn't take much time. He gave me a receipt and schedule my next visit for interview.

My schedule for interview was 3 days later, Friday. This the horrible part. I came at 8... The counter was still closed. The officer came at 8.30, I queued for my form. I got my form back at 8.45 and the next thing I should do was paid at the cashier. Again! The counter was closed. I felt tired of waiting. I couldn't remember the exact time it opened. I got queue's number 3 for the interview and photo. I waited until 45 minutes when they finally called me to take my picture and another 20 minutes for the interview.

The most shocking moment was the interview process. The officer only asked me whether they wrote my name correctly. I said, yes and that's it. The interview was ended (laughing out loud). I mean, is that it? That's the only question? Gee... I have to wait this long for such question? Well, why don't the first counter's officer ask? It would save my time.

Well, in my opinion... "some people doesn't respect at other's time just to make them wait and wait.." Don't they know that waiting is a wasting of time?

I went back to the first counter to ask when I should be back for my passport. He said the passport should be done by next Friday. Whew!Next Friday when I came back, again I have to wait for the officer for 15 minutes. He took my receipt and told me to wait. After 30 minutes, I asked the officer how long I should wait? Explicitly he said that the officer who suppose to sign my passport hasn't arrive yet. So he asked me to go back after lunch. What the ?!@#*

I decided not to came back after lunch that Friday. Instead, I took my passport on Monday. Waited not for long, the officer handed me my passport. Yay! I finally have a passport and I'm proud of me because I made it by myself. This is it, my experience of making passport.

3 comments:

Nit2x said...

Congratz for the new passport....

Karena uda melihat pelayanan yang seperti itu... Apa terpikir untuk memperbaikinya? gmn caranya ya? :D

Blue Jasmine said...

Hihihi...lumayan buat persiapan bikin passport, nih....hehehe...

Sutaaraito said...

@Blue Jasmine - Hope you can learn from my experience... Good luck!

@Nit2x - I don't want to change it, don't have the power to do it...

Post a Comment