September 16, 2009

My first time at ER

This last few days were bad days for me. Since Saturday I have a heavy stomach ache due to my period cycle. With endometriosis, the pain become worst every period cycle. Sometimes the pain is light but when my condition is bad, then it become very painful.

This month cycle is very painful. The pain in the tummy followed by nausea and head ache. Since Saturday I took pain killer. On Sunday my condition become worse... I spend most of the day on the bed. At Sunday afternoon, I managed to go to Church. We had a strong wind that afternoon, I felt chill.

Wake up with a better condition on Monday morning so I didn't take my pain killer. I worked as usual, but at 10.30 I felt so hungry. I decided to drink cereal but my condition got worse. During lunch hour, I got head and stomach ache and nausea. I drank hot tea and turned out to be a wrong move. The nausea become worse, so I went to the toilet and vomited. I wasn't getting any better after vomited, my stomach hurt and full of gas, my head hurt and suddenly I vision become blur and black.

I tried to walk with my friend's help, borrowed my boss car and went home. The whole office got panicked because of me. So sorry... On the way home, I felt terrible so I decided to go to the ER at near hospital.

Arrived at ER the male nurse asked me to lay down on bed, then he began to check my temperature and my blood pressure. He said everything was normal and asked me what I felt. I explained to him and asked him to call my doctor. The service was awful, they made me wait so long. It suppose to be an ER but the service was like a regular clinic.

When my doctor came, I explained to her and she examined me. She said about giving me 5 injection for my head ache, stomach ache, stomach cramp, nausea, and vomit. 4 injections on hand and 1 on backside. I was in a great pain, I just nodded on whatever she said. When the nurse came I was surprised to see 5 syringes. I thought there would be 2 syringes. O God! How could I took that 4 syringes through my hand?

Well, luckily they had a special syringe so they only put one needle inside my blood vessel and inject the 4 injections one by one through it. That was a relief! I stayed at the ER for 1.5 hours. When I went to see the doctor (a different doctor) before I left, he suggested me to see my gynecologist immediately.

Wow! The last time I got this sick was before I got operated for my endometriosis. Is this another signal of it? All my friends also suggested me to see my gynecologist immediately too, even my boss recommended his wife's gynecologist.

I'm afraid. Afraid to hear what my gynecologist will say. Afraid to hear for another operation request. Some of my friends already offer to accompany me to see my gynecologist. Well, I used to go alone, always by myself.... No matter how many person accompany me, I still have to face the reality alone and I'm not ready at all. Not now!!!

My special thanks to:
Nit2x, Trisiana, Sisca, Santi, Sisilia, Benny, Blue Jasmine, Agung, Arief, Nana, Rudi, Ruth, and all my friends for helping me when I nearly passed out and being there with me through my painful times... I'm blessed to have you around me... Thank you...

2 comments:

Blue Jasmine said...

So, thank me by visit your gynecologist ASAP, okay?

Sutaaraito said...

That's not fair!!!

Post a Comment