November 29, 2008

Pater Noster

It's been a while since I practice in my choir team and I found out that I was breathless. Lack of practice I guess!!! Just couldn't arrange my time. On Sunday we will be singing on our Church (wish I can catch the right tone for the alto voice in each song). It's also been a while since we sang the Lord prayer in Latin. I really miss the song. This prayer was given to us by our Lord Jesus Christ Himself when the apostles asked Him to teach them how to pray (Mt 6:9-13) and thus the prayer has been a part of the Church since the very beginning. Here is the Lord prayer in Latin:

PATER NOSTER

Pater noster, qui es in caelis
Sanctificetur nomen tuum
Adveniat regnum tuum
Fiat voluntas tua
Sicut in caelo et in terra
Panem nostrum cotidianum da nobis hodie
Et dimitte nobis debita nostra
Sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris
Et ne nos inducas in tentationem
Sed liberanos a malo. Amen

Our conductor always tells us to give more color to this song. Hope that we will deliver this song with our heart. Good luck AG VOICE!!!

1 comment:

Blue Jasmine said...

Practice, practice, and more practice, Sis!!!

Post a Comment