November 27, 2008

Cramps O Cramps!!!

I’ve been suffering with cramps these last few weeks. It is very painful, it happens not only a night but also during my working time. It attacks my legs, arm and chest. Yesterday afternoon it attacked me on my left chest and it move to my left arm… it lasted for more than 10 minutes. On the same day, it attacked my leg during my sleeping time. It made me awake all night long, since to move meant to suffer another cramps. Need to stay alert each time I move my body. Ouch!!!

I try to find out about cramps. Cramps are sensations caused by contraction or over shortening of muscles. Cramps can be caused by cold, overexertion or low calcium level in blood (especially for adolescents where they need calcium for both blood and bone maturing). Illness or poisoning can also cause cramps, particularly in the stomach, which is referred to as colic if it fits particular characteristics. Source: Wikipedia

For more information, please see this address:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cramp
http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/23068794/

No comments:

Post a Comment