February 29, 2012

Sunshine Becomes You

"Although there is no other thing you can trust in this world, trust that I love you. All my heart."


This story happened in New York under the sky ...
About hope that emerged in the midst of despair ...
About the dream that last in the midst of doubt ...
And about the love that gives a reason to survive.


At first... Alex Hirano prefer to stay away from this dark angel girl who defected him. Then Mia smiles, and Alex wonders how could he thinks such girl with a smile as bright as the sun can be a dark angel.


At first... his dark, sharp, and cold eyes made her shiver and hope that the earth would swallowed her. Then Alex smiles, and Mia's poor heart jumps and thumps so hard till she afraid he could hear it.

That's the brief review on the book cover. Sunshine Becomes You tells about a love story between Alex and Mia. Alex is a popular pianist and Mia is a dance teacher. They meet by accident which led to his hand injured. When Mia offers her hand to help him, he refused her. But then... both become close. When the absent of one becomes  incompleteness of the other.Alex realize the love he felt for Mia. Mia also feel the same thing, but she tries to hide her feeling for him. When she faces the reality of her fragility, she wants him to know her true feeling. Sunshine Becomes You is a title of a piano composition from Alex only for Mia.

My favorite quotes from this novel are:
Alex said,  
"Someone once told me that he did not know why I could love someone like that. Frankly, I do not know. I guess I'm one of those who feel you do not need a reason to love someone. Because love just happens. You can not force yourself to love someone, just like you can not force yourself to hate someone you love..."



Mia said, "
"Although there is no other thing you can trust in this world, trust that I love you. All my heart."


A friend of mine bought me this book, actually I requested it... LOL... It called Sunshine Becomes You by Ilana Tan. Ilana Tan is one of my favorite author. She is good at stirring readers' heart at her happy or sad ending story. I like this book very much, not just because it has an ending that I love, but because this simple story makes me want to be a better person to love someone. I want to be like Alex! Someone who can love unconditionally, someone who doesn't need a reason to love, someone who stays no matter how bad someone could be...

Thank you, Nit2x, for the book....

Love is needing someone. Love is putting up with someone's bad qualities because they somehow complete you.... (Sarah Dessen)

No comments:

Post a Comment