October 26, 2010

THINK OF ME - The Phantom of The Opera

I listen to this song in a talent show. This girl, Putri Ayu, has a beautiful soprano voice. I watched her several time and like her voice very much. Although she didn't win the competition, I believe there is a better future for her out there especially with that kind of voice. Wish you all the best Putri Ayu.




Think of Me is a song in The Phantom of the Opera. This movie is based on a novel above. The story is about the journey of a little girl named Christine. Christine was a singer in a Paris Opera House. One night she was kidnapped by Erik - the ghost of the opera - who lived at the cellar of the opera house. Erik fall in love with Christine during the kidnapping and so was Christine. Later Erik release her and asked her to wear a ring and to promise to be faithful to him.

Raoul, Christine's childhood friend, also in love with Christine. They met again at the opera house. This song - Think of Me - was Christine and Raoul's song. Here is the lyric:

CHRISTINE:

Think of me, think of me, fondly,
when we've said goodbye
Remember me once in a while
please promise me you'll try.

When you find that, once again, you long
to take your heart back and be free -
if you ever find a moment,
spare a thought for me ...

We never said our love was evergreen,
or as unchanging as the sea -
but if you can still remember,
stop and think of me ...

Think of all the things 
We've said and seen
Don't think about the way 
Things might have been ...

Think of me, think of me waking,
Silent and resigned
Imagine me, trying to hard
To put you from my mind

Recall those days, look back on all those times,
Think of the things we'll never do
There will never be a day,
When I won't think of you ...

RAOUL:

Can it be? Can it be Christine?
Bravo!

Long ago it seems so long ago
how young and innocent we were
She may not remember me,

But I remember her ...

CHRISTINE:

We never said our love was evergreen
Or as unchanging as the sea
But please promise me, that sometimes
You will think of me!


The complete story of The Phantom of the Opera was tragic to me. A love that was so big to be able to let go the one you love to be happy with someone else. I really want to watch the movie. I will look for it when I have time.

Further reading on The Phantom of The Opera please follow this link below:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Phantom_of_the_Opera

No comments:

Post a Comment