March 20, 2010

Chai Tea Latte

My favorite beverage at Starbucks is Caramel Macchiato. I hardly pick another beverage, always a Caramel Macchiato... a faithful lover. Recently I tried a new beverage called Chai Tea Latte. One day at my friend's grandma funeral, we talked about buying something from Starbucks for her. Vallery said that she wanted a Chai Tea Latte. I just said... "What???" I never heard such beverage before. She said it was her favorite.

Later on, my boss and I were at Starbucks after having pizza as our lunch. He asked me, what would I like to have. Suddenly I remember our fried - Vallery and her request. Then I asked my boss, what was Vallery request that day at the funeral. He said, "Chai Tea". I asked him to order it for me and add milk in it. The first time I hold the cup and smell it... Yaikes!!! The smell is awful. I just said to myself... I ordered the wrong beverage!!!


Take a zip of it and I love it. The taste is nice and give a warm feeling. I tried to figure out what's inside it. I feel the cinnamon, but can't figure the other spices. I googled it to find out what is inside. Here is what I found out: the beverage is made from water, milk, black tea, honey, ground cinnamon, ground cardamom, ground nutmeg, ground clove and ground ginger. Just google it, then you willl find how to make it. The Starbucks' Chai Tea is produce by Tazo.


You've got to try it. I won't guarantee anything, I just hope that you will love it.

3 comments:

Blue Jasmine said...

Don't hold your breath waiting for me to love it....hehehe....tea is one drink I loathe to mix with anything else but sugar....

Vallery Darmadji said...

I'm glad you tried it! Actually it would be even better if you added a shot of vanilla in it too :)

BUT... I just found out last weekend that Starbucks have made it in to an official drink on the menu now and it costs 33K,... ridiculous!!! before I would've only cost me abt 25K... So disappointed :( 33K is abit beyond my budget so now I can't enjoy it so much anymore.. hiks hiks

Sutaaraito said...

@Val - why don't you try to order it like this, chai tea, not chai tea latte, add milk and add vanilla. I guarantee it will be cheaper... I've tried it and it works...

Post a Comment