July 11, 2009

Election


Finally, I vote for the president election on Jul 8, 2009. Thanks to you, G! You are the one who make me feel guilty for not voting… LOL…

I cleared out my local ID problem just a month before the election. I used to have my home town ID, which is 7 hours drive from where I live now. I moved to my current location 17 years ago. My parents and brother still have their home town ID but I decide to move mine to my current location last year. The process took a very long time, especially when you handle everything by yourself. I finally gave up in the last process and let other people finished for me. Why after all this time? Well, I love my current location and sometimes I found difficulties for not having local ID. For example with the local bank, I may not open an account using my old ID.


Due to this mess up, I’ve already missed 3 elections. Since last year, my city has already held 4 elections. The first election was for the governor, the second was also for governor (their second rounds), and the third one was for House of Representatives’ member. Now, I’ve done my job as citizen, involve in determining the future of my country for the next 5 years. Hope that I didn’t make the wrong choice and whoever win or lose will take the result as a good democratic process.

3 comments:

Nit2x said...

Finally......

Blue Jasmine said...

I beg your pardon??

Blue Jasmine said...

Aaahh...now I could read it clearly!
Good for you, Girl!

Post a Comment