March 28, 2013

Lesson: A Nice Offer

 On one Sunday I went to the church near my apartment. The weather on Sunday was sunny. I prepared the money for taxi and trishaw when I left my apartment. I went by taxi and after the mass I decided to walk home cause I couldn't find any trishaw. It is a long walk of approximately 30-45 minutes.

It wasn't my first time to walk after church. My first was when I wear a skirt and fancy 3cm high slipper. That walk was easier than this week. I wore long pants and flat shoe this time. It turned out to be the wrong choice of shoes.


Half the way, I felt so tired. The sun was very hot, I didn't bring a hat or umbrella. I felt hurt on my ankle. In my heart I said, "Jesus, I'm tired." To my surprise, suddenly a man on a motor cycle stopped. He asked, "Can I give you a lift?". I was shocked, I tried to remember his face, probably someone I know but I didn't recognize him at all. I said to him, "No, thanks. It's close." Then he left.

I said to Jesus, "That's cute, Jesus. Thank You for helping." I laughed and continued.

After 200 meters, I saw that man again. He stopped and typed something on his cell phone. I continued my walk. Not far from there, he came closer again. He said,"It's ok. I can give you a lift. Is it still far?" I said, "No, it's very close now. Thank you." Then he speed up his motor cycle and gone. Gosh, I was so afraid.

I said to Jesus, "Are you the one who send him? Because I am afraid, Jesus. What if he is a bad guy who wants to kidnapped or rape me?" He (Jesus) reminds silent as always, I smile and continue. 

I should have wear the fancy slipper. My left feet was wounded now, it bleed and sore. My right feet got a bit swollen. Me and my stupid decision. I must call a cab next time. Noted!

Picture source:
eyecandydecals.com

No comments:

Post a Comment