December 03, 2012

Life: Teaching Again



Starting last week I teach again. This time around I am not substituting for my boss. I teach again at the same university, International Business Class, so I have to use English as the language. They trusted me to teach Micro Economic. Seems that I have to study a lot about this subject because this is the third time I teach Economic. Somehow I like this subject, I love teaching. It's not about the money, it's about sharing knowledge to others.

First complain from my students: "Miss, you talk too fast. Can you slow down?" Haha. I have to teach the whole book - 18 chapters in only 9 weeks. OMG! How am I suppose to do that? On my first class last week, I taught 2 chapters, with 70 pages of power point slides in 100 minutes. How to be able to speak slowly when I felt I have so little time to explain it? Haha. So sorry my students, next time I try to be more slowly.

This time around, no international exchange student. All of them are from here. So, sometimes they asked question in Bahasa. It's OK. Although I am worrying the test because I can sense that their English is not that good. I don't mind of wrong vocabulary, I worry more on how they can express or explain my question in English. They already asked for an open book test. This kind of test only can be done if the question seek more to individual opinion. I wonder if they can do it. Just wish for the best for them. I wish I can be a good lecturer for them.

Picture source: schools.woboe.org

No comments:

Post a Comment