August 22, 2011

Unexpected Gift: Another Endometriosis

Health is always a big issue in my life, with the history of fibroadenoma and endometriosis. The last few months I always had pain in my right tummy and my first diagnosis is endometriosis. My friends keep encouraging me to check it out, but I am afraid...

Last Friday I went to my gynecologist, this last few weeks the pain on my right tummy become worst. It was 3 years ago since I visited her. I have another diagnosis of my pain, which are appendix problem or something about my kidney. I wanted to go to other doctor, but I think the gynecologist was the best choice since they have a USG device.

To tell you the truth, even when I know it would be endometriosis, I wish it was something else. As, the doctor began to scan my tummy, she said... there is an endometriosis on my right uterus with diameter of 5.7 cm. I just stared at the monitor and said "Jesus"....

I asked her what to do now. She gave me two options: an oral medicine (danazol / danocrine) or an injection of endrolin. I was injected by endrolin 8 times before, 4 after the surgery, and another 4 when she discovered the grow of endometriosis on 2007-2008. The price of endrolin was high, around 1 - 1.2 million IDR. I asked her about the current price, she said still the same. OMG, I can't afford it. So I choose the oral medicine called danocrine which cost me 360.000 IDR. I will start to drink it on the 5th day of my period next month, really wish that it can reduce the size of the endometriosis.

On my way home, I realize another thing... I always found out about my diseases on August, the month of my birth. So, thank you, Lord for this year's gift. I look forward to see Your miracle on me, Almighty God. I believe You will help me pass through this stage again.




9 comments:

bluejasmine said...

I'm really sorry to hear that news.
Ok, I'll find a nice gift for you....hope it will make you feel a little happier on your birthday....:-)

Sutaaraito said...

@Blue Jasmine - thank you... :-)

Anonymous said...

@sutaaraito - my wife had endo too, was discovered by a doctor a couple of months ago. She had a surgery last month at Indo to remove it.
She is currently under endroline teraphy from last month till Oct 2011. So, we are expecting her not to get her cycle till that time

But yesterday and this morning, she discovered tiny bit of blood spot in her softex, as if at the very end of her period. Is that normal?

Sutaaraito said...

@Anonymous - Endrolin injection should be able to stop the period session, but everyone will react differently at the first injection. Mine was directly stop. Those tiny spot is alright and normal, no need to worry. On the second injection, the period will completely stop.

Anonymous said...

@sutaarito - thanks for your advice last month. My wife just had her second injection, I am hoping her period will completely stop this time.

I am surprised to read that you had endroline injection for 12 times - that's a hell of a lot of money!
Did you get a second opinion from a different doctor? Be careful not to get yourself ripped off by greedy doctors.

- same guy who posted a comment on Sep 4, 2011 6:25 AM

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm Roxy.. I'm glad I viewed this page. I'm currently diagnosed having an endometrioses in my right ovary with a diameter of 10.76 x 7.12, this is called as endometrial cyst.. My doctor gave me endrolin 3.75 for 3 months.. I'm just curious because when she injected my first dose I'm in my 21st day of my period and now after the second dose I am still having my regular menstruation.. Is there any reason I should be panicked about this? What are the possible reasons why I'm still having my menstruation?

Sutaaraito said...

@Roxy - WOW! You had a big one. When I had my surgery, I had 2 cysts - 10cm and 8cm. Yes, I had removed it.

Endrolin should be very effective in stopping the menstrual, but the reaction depend on each body. It purpose is to stop the menstrual in order to kill the root of the cyst (the bigger the cyst, the stronger is the root - see my other post under endometriosis tag, you can see the root I am talking about).

My suggestion for your case is to ask your gynecologist about it, because it seems not to work on you. Probably you need a stronger doze.

Anonymous said...

@Sutaaraito - Thanks! I will call my gynecologist tomorrow.. I'd like to have a surgery but she suggested to have medication first since I still don't have a child.. I'm praying and hoping that things will be fine soon, with God's help..

Anonymous said...

I am about to take my 2nd shot tomorrow. My OB-GYNE told me it's going to be in 3 sessions/doses in a span of 3 months. My period stopped in 4 days and after 2 weeks I had a week of blood (as if I had my period again). Hope we all get better... Although chances of recurring happens... :-(

Post a Comment