March 07, 2011

Making A Song

This weekend I joined my choir's retreat. It's been a while since I joined this kind of activity. In this retreat we were divided into 3 groups and I was in Group 2 (we called our group as LOVE). One of the workshop was to make a song in 75 minutes. When we told about this task, we were shocked because we never make a song before.

Well, I was blessed surrounded by friends who are so good in this field. We divided the group into 2, the first group made the song and the second made the lyrics. I joined the second group. It's not easy to make a lyric. Lucky that the instructor gave us a specific theme for the song - "offering". The process was not easy at all. After we agree on the song and put the lyric on... whoops! It didn't match. So, we changed the song. And here is our final lyric:
 
For I love You, Lord
by Group 2
Lord, I thank you for my life
Thank you for You love
Your blessing never ends

Lord, You always by my side
You fulfill all my life
I offer you the greatest of my life

And now I come as a living sacrifice
I'm giving all my life with every beat of my heart
Into You hands I commend my soul
For I love You, Lord
For I love You, Lord

WOW! We finally made a song that we never knew we could. Thank you, Jesus.

1 comment:

Blue Jasmine said...

There were two assignments I didn't like from the retreat. Creating a new song and expressing your feeling into a drawing....yikes!!!! I have no skill in both! hehehe...prefer doing an anonymous blogging...hehehe...

Post a Comment