March 19, 2011

Journey: MAKASSAR



Finally I went to another island of Indonesia, Sulawesi. This time I visited Makasar. I spent 3 days there but I hardly explore the city. Well, I blamed it to the weather which rain all the time... ha ha ha.

It was a lovely short vacation, I gain more weight since I ate a lot in a big portion ha ha ha. There are some local dishes that encourage me to eat, such as: coto Makasar, sop konro Karebosi, es pisang ijo, seafood with unique fishes, and mie titi. Mmmm, yummy!!!

 Coto Makasar
 Sop Konro Karebosi
 Es Pisang Ijo
 Fried Kudu Kudu Fish
Mie Titi

I also visited some place which are the icon of Makasar, such as Pantai Losari (Losari Beach) and Trans Studio. Watching sunset at Pantai Losari was great but once again the rain destroy it. Playing at Trans Studio was the only option to spend Sunday. Trans Studio is an indoor theme park. Compare to Genting theme park... this one is not as challenging as I imagine it would be yet I enjoy watching the live musical drama.

 Losari Beach
Trans Studio

I hope I can visit this place again someday, to explore more.

No comments:

Post a Comment