November 16, 2010

Marriage: It's a choice

I don't know how many wedding mass I have attended, either as a guess or as a choir member that sing at the wedding. Last Sunday I was attending another wedding job. Since I attend many weddings, I saw a wedding as another phase of life when two people decide to spend their life together as husband and wife.



"Marriage is a choice", our priest said. Marriage is not a must. But each choice has its own responsibility. Many parents think that marriage is a must when their children reach certain age. Will it be a happy life when you force something? I don't believe it will be a happy life when you are force to do it.

Yet a decision to marry must come from the heart. Both must realize the consequences and responsibility of marriage. Being a married couple, I believe is not as easy and happy as it seems. A big heart which tolerate, support and love is needed. Two people with two different back ground, attitude, and believe try to live under the same roof. Hmm, that's not easy at all. I also believe that love will conquer it all.

So, whatever the choice you made, be sure that you are ready for each responsibility. Maybe the responsibility is hard but nothing is impossible with the help of God.

Make your choice carefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment